Middle-Range Caring Practice Exemplar
NUR 502: Practice exemplar using a Middle range theory
The purpose of this assignment is for students to understand the application of Middle range nursing theory (see Textbook) to promote best nursing practices for patients. Case studies provide an opportunity to apply principles of nursing theory for application in contemporary practice settings. It is hoped that this assignment will promote a deeper understanding of the Middle range nursing theory. Click here to see a custom paper on Application of Grand and Middle Range Nursing theories
- Select a clinical nurse practice situation where you provided exemplary best nursing practice which is applicable to one of the middle range theories and write a brief synopsis in the form of a case study.
- Do not use actual patient names or names of institutions(Confidentiality).
- Create pseudonyms to hide the real identities of patients and or your institution (Example: JT or Locsin Hospital)
- Select a middle range theory from the textbook (you have several to choose from: See week 8)
- Explain some of the theorists key concepts which relate to your case study
- Explain how the middle range theory provided insight to direct your delivery of care
- Why did you choose this particular middle range theory.
- Critically examine how this middle range theory can be used for future practice situations
- How can this theory be used to promote evidenced-based practices and/or guide Evidenced based Research
- Apply APA format for references (include a minimum of 3 sources including textbook)
- Use class textbook and a minimum of one middle range research article which shows implementation of the theory and how the theory guided the research.
- Students are expected to complete a Minimum of three or maximum of six pages not including the title and the reference page.