A Plan for Positive Social Change
Explain how you would advocate for the incorporation of a global perspective or lens into your local practice and role as a nurse leader.
The single most important factor in influencing health policy is solidarity within the profession (Benton, 2012). As a nurse leader, I will incorporate the global health perspective into the local practice through the involvement of other leaders and nurses. Using an educational approach, I will instill new knowledge about global health issues to colleagues and nurse leaders while calling for action regarding policy change. I will organize meetings to discuss the impact of global health issues on the local organizations and how nurses can advocate for policy change to address these issues.
Explain how the incorporation of a global perspective or lens might impact your local practice and role as a nurse leader.
Nurses are well-positioned to address healthcare issues through direct patient care and advocacy on global health matters (Benton, 2012). The incorporation of a global perspective lens into my local practice might change my roles in the institution alongside other leadership changes. For example, assuming positions in matters of healthcare policy and education might emerge during my practice. Secondly, advancement in education to understand more about global health issues and assuming senior leadership positions is a possibility. These changes will give me more power and influence on matters of global health and provide enlightenment on the local changes to effectively address global health issues.
Explain how the incorporation of a global perspective or lens into your local practice as a nurse leader represents and contributes to positive social change
A social change represents significant alteration over time in behavior patterns and cultural values and norms of the people. The incorporation of a global perspective into my nursing leadership will ensure that I acquire more skills in aspects of advocacy and matters of policy that can help bring about change. As a leader, I will be able to guide the local community to implement changes that can improve their health. Through advocacy, I will be able to influence local policy changes that can be adapted to address global health issues.
Benton D. (2012). Advocating globally to shape policy and strengthen nursing’s influence. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 17(1), 5. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22320881/
- Addressing a solution to evidenced based practice
- CLC: Assess the past and present impact nurses, including advanced professional/advanced practice nurses, have made in addressing this health issue.
- write a case report addressing the personal knowledge and skills gained in the current course and potentially solving an identified practice problem
- Describe evidence-based practice (EBP) and its relationship to nursing research, nursing practice, and healthcare. (Domain – Educative Practice, Evidence-informed Practice,‘Process – Scholarship, Patient Safety)
- What do you believe about the influences of theory on nursing practice? What value do you place on using a model for practice as an advanced practice registered nurse? Has your philosophy of advanced practice nursing change
- Discuss current polices and initiatives addressing postpartum depression Custom Essay
- How Community-Based Organizations Are Addressing Nursing’s Role in Transforming Health Care
- Addressing a nursing organization
- NURS 540 Research Utilization week 1 Problem Statement and Research Topic
- You are the Budget Director for Lone Star Hospice a mid-size hospice organization
- How does the home health or hospice nurse DOCUMENT and demonstrate that each patient qualifies for care, and ultimately payment for that care to the agency.
- Describe how health care organization structures–hospitals, private practices, nursing homes, assisted-living facilities, home healthcare, hospice, surgical centers, and so on–affect the delivery of IT services? Compare and contrast at least two health care organization structures in your discussion
- Hospice Care
- Zen theories in relation to hospice care: a comparison with the Roy Adaptation model
- Criteria to be looked at to determine which home health, skilled nursing facility, hospice, or long term health care facility to use to send patients.
- Hospice Care
- hospice and palliative care
- Disorders Of The Veins And Arteries
- Discussion: Maladaptive Responses To Immune Disorders
- Consider immune disorders such as HIV, psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease, and systemic lupus E. What are resulting maladaptive responses for patients with these disorders?
- Assignment: Assessing And Treating Clients With Anxiety Disorders
- Assignment: Decision Tree For Neurological And Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Week 7: Assignment 1: “Captain Of The Ship” Project – Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- Assignment 1: Assessing Clients With Addictive Disorders
- WK 6 Assignment – Delusional Disorders
- Assignment: Assessing And Treating Adult And Geriatric Clients With Mood Disorders