Networking for Academic and Professional Success: Networking in nursing
1. Review the Walden and SON mission and vision statements, Walden’s goals and University Outcomes, and the MSN Program Learning Outcomes presented in this Module\’s Learning Resources.
2. Reflect on your professional and academic goals as they relate to your program/specialization.
3. Consider how the information in these resources fit with your own goals and to your becoming a scholar-practitioner.
4. Also consider academic and professional individuals and teams with whom you may collaborate in support of your efforts as a student at the university and as a professional within your organization and career.
By Day 3 of Week 1
• Post a brief introduction of yourself to your colleagues.
Include an explanation as to how:
o Walden’s vision, mission, goals, and social change initiatives relate to your professional and academic goals and to your becoming a scholar-practitioner.
o the Walden MSN Program Outcomes and perspectives relate to your professional and academic goals and to your becoming a scholar-practitioner.
• Then, post a draft of Part 1 of your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template
o Indicate at least two academic and at least two professional individuals or teams with whom you wish to collaborate to be successful in your MSN program and as a practicing nurse along with an explanation for your selections.