Improve health, fitness, and quality of life through daily physical activity
• Choose a topic from one of the following sites
o Healthy People 2020 (Links to an external site.)
o National Center for Health Promotion and Disease (Links to an external site.)
• Introduce your health topic:–>Improve health, fitness, and quality of life through daily physical activity.
• Provide a brief overview of the health problem
• Define the community or population being targeted.
Part 2: Provide the background and clinical significance of the problem
• Describe the effect of the issue/topic for the patient and community.
• Describe the effect of the issue/topic on the healthcare system.
Part 3: Look at what is being done at the federal and Arizona state level for your topic.
• What organizations are involved in promoting change in this area?
• What are the national goals for improvement in this area?
• How is Arizona doing in meeting this goal?
Part 4: Evidence-based literature to support the intervention/program
• Find literature to support the need for the program, especially from nurse practice.
• A minimum of 3 peer-reviewed sources.
• Not more than 5 years old, except for a landmark study. You must use scholarly sources that are directed for providers. Nurse practitioner journals are excellent sources because you will see what your peers are doing in this area.
Part 5: Assessment of resources
• What resources are currently available in your area that would help your patients with this problem?
• Are there adequate resources in your area?
Part 6: Barriers to change/implementation
• Are there any barriers such as access to care, resistance to change that is causing an issue with implementing change on your topic?
Part 7: Summary
• How will this information help you in advance practice help your patients?
- Physical activity as a remedy for healthy lifestyles
- CO 8: Examine global healthcare initiatives to improve the quality and safety of patient care
- Accountable Care Organizations Improve Quality of Care
- Translational Research for Practice and Population: Daily Bathing with Chloherxidine Gluconate
- Research Article Summary (Impact of a nurses-led telephone Intervention program on the quality of life in patients with heart failure in a district hospital of Greece)
- MN507-5: Evaluate the role of health policy and organizational structure on quality improvement within health care environments
- Evaluate the role of health policy and organizational structure on quality improvement within health care environments
- Advanced health and Physical Assessment
- Advanced Health and Physical Assessment
- Health Education Activity