GH4003: Communication and Collaboration with Diverse Cultures
For this Written Response Assessment, You will submit a 4-page paper that addresses providing culturally relevant care to a specific group in your community.
Professional Skills: Written Communication and Engaging Multiple Social and Cultural Perspectives are assessed in this Competency.
To complete this Assessment, download the Written Response Template [ I am attaching this file] , which includes the Rubric for this Assessment. Complete the form using the criteria presented in the Rubric.
Scenario: You are a nurse who has been working with a certain population for many years who share similar health beliefs and behaviors. Recently you were invited to speak to a professional group in the community to share what you have learned over the years. The professionals are from the hospital, long-term care, home health, and a primary care clinic, and they have asked you to share your experiences to provide culturally appropriate care.
GH4003: Communication and Collaboration with Diverse Cultures. Develop a 4-page paper to address culturally appropriate care supported by scholarly literature, websites, and other sources. NOTE: The population that you select does not have to be specific to a racial/ethnic group but instead, may be any type of group that has its own cultural beliefs and behaviors. Examples include: veterans or first responders who may have their own behaviors and beliefs regarding health and well-being. Be sure to address the following:
Identify and describe a population that you encounter in your practice.
Describe how two of the population’s health beliefs and two of the population’s health behaviors are impacted by their culture.
Explain how an understanding of this population may help support culturally inclusive healthcare environments through communication and collaboration.
Explain how an understanding of this population’s culture contributes to the nursing care you give, how that nursing care is received, and how this may impact patient outcomes.
- Health Promotion among Diverse Populations
- Title: Diverse Populations, Age and Interprofessional Health Promotion Resources
- Epidemology: Diverse Populations, Age and Interprofessional Health Promotion Resources
- Diverse Populations, Age and Interprofessional Health Promotion Resources
- EVOLVING ROLES OF NURSE EDUCATORS IN DIVERSE ENVIRONMENTS — C918
- Evolving Roles of Nurse Educators in Diverse Environments
- Intraprofessional collaboration.
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Inter-professional Collaboration Makes a Difference in Patient Outcomes
- Interprofessional Collaboration PowerPoint Presentation