Capstone Career Planning RUA
Write a maximum of 4-6 pages, excluding the title page, reference page, and the appendix.
• Transition into the Professional Nursing Role: Identify actions to be considered in the transition from student to
BSN graduate nurse including:
• Identify the state in which the studentisseeking employment. The State is Florida
• Detail a minimumof three (3) criteria set forth by the Board of Nursing for obtaining an RN license in that state.
• Research and identify three (3) positions/employers the student could work for as a new graduate BSN in the
geographic area the student is seeking employment. Identify motivators and possible detractors for working in
those positions/with the selected employers.
Hint: Check out the Liquid Compass job board to identify New Graduate nursing positions in your geographic
area. Liquid Compass is available in Career Care under the ‘Additional Resources’ tab.
• Provide the details of what is required to submit an application for the positions identified above.
• Determine career goals through the completion of a Career Assessment Profile in Career Care.
• Holistic Life Balance: Provide a description of the ways in which the student intends to maintain holistic balance in
their personal life as well as in the role of professional nurse within the first year and at five years.
• Stressors and Challenges: Identify known stressors and anticipated challenges as well as plans for managing each
of them within the first year and at five years. Career Services can provide assistance with this assignment
element (i.e., How do I get to where I want to go in nursing? What are my goals? What challenges must be
addressed to reach my goals? etc.).
• Life long Learning: Determine a plan for lifelong learning and educational development anticipa
year and at five years.
o This plan can include, but is not limited to, specialty certification, advanced nursing education, and the
pursuit of formal education outside of the nursing discipline.
NR452 Capstone Course
NR452 RUA Career Planning Guidelines V5.docx May2020 SRK 2
• Professional Contributions: Summarize plans for (a) contributing to at least one professional nursing community
as well as the student’s general community in the healthcare professional role within the first year and at five
years, and (b) examining the need for the student’s own professional nursing development related to
monitoring outcomes data for patient quality & safety (i.e., how do I need to develop to better assess data that
helps me deliver safe patient care and improve the quality of that care?).
• Scholarly Resources:
o A minimumofthree (3) peer-reviewed scholarly sources are required in support ofthis assignment.
o A minimumof one (1) professionalnursing organization websiteor Boardof Nursingwebsite is required in
support of this assignment
Capstone Career Planning RUA