Introduction: Family nurse practitioners (FNP), are a significant part of the healthcare professionals. They provide health guidance and services to patients where necessary. Noteworthy, they are passionate about enhancing the patients’ health outcomes and contributing to a better, and high-quality healthcare system. Therefore, they collaborate with physicians and specialists to deliver the best healthcare to patients in various settings (DeNisco, 2021). This includes hospitals, outpatient clinics, and other primary care settings. According to Buerhaus et al. (2017), the role of the FNP is increasingly essential as more people still struggle to access quality healthcare services in some areas of the United States. Flinter and Hart (2017) agree that to practice as an FNP, one is required to undergo advanced learning and training to merit them to practice in a primary care setting. This paper is a personal reflection of the introduction to 3Ps and Clinicals, and a description of my personal goals regarding the 3Ps and my clinical experience at the end of the course.
The lecture was about the introduction to 3Ps and clinicals. I have learned that the 3Ps stand for Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, and Physical Exam, which are considered the most advanced in the school. The instructor explained that advanced pathophysiology includes concepts related to microbiology, microchemistry, and pathophysiological concepts behind diseases and their clinical manifestations. In advanced pharmacology, we will learn the treatments of the diseases learn pathophysiology. Once we have successfully learned these two courses, we’ll proceed to the physical exam, which merges all the knowledge and information obtained from the previous course. I think the instructor did an amazing job in clarifying what is expected of the learners in every aspect of the 3Ps. I also recommend the institution for laying out flexible timelines for learning these courses, such that every student’s needs are met. With all the information provided, I believe I have the confidence required to take on this course.
There are several details regarding the requirements of this course that I was surprised to learn. First, I was surprised to learn that some proctored exam was removed from the course, and that is the HESI exam. this is due to my limited time on social media recently, making me miss out on most announcements. Additionally, I was surprised to learn that students from Arizona State must spend more than half the recommended time in clinical experience with an APRN and less than half of that time with an MD.
In a world of rapidly evolving technological innovations, particularly in healthcare, it is critical to keep up with the knowledge and trend in technology. Therefore, I wish the lecture would have covered how the course would integrate telehealth in the course so that students are competent enough to use telehealth to deliver health services when they begin to practice. Telehealth improves the availability and accessibility of healthcare services, especially in remote areas (Arends et al., 2021). My greatest concern about the second half of the program is navigating between working part-time and achieving my goals in the clinical experience. I would need to find a facility that is close to my residence, and/ or workplace, and that might mean relocating to a different place, which would bring inconveniences to my personal life.
The following are my 3Ps goals:
- To study pathophysiology for 6 hours every week by setting aside 60 minutes every night, from 8 to 9 for six nights a week.
- To study the treatment for 2 diseases for 30 minutes every night, from 9 to 9.30 for six nights a week using physical flashcards.
- To do self-assessment using questions on the topic I’ve covered in pathophysiology and pharmacology during the week once a week, on Sundays from 8 to 9.
The following are my clinical experience:
- To contact 7 different clinics each week to look for a pediatric preceptor until I have found someone.
- To decrease my work to part-time so that I can do 40 extra hours in my pediatric rotation in October- December 2022, so that I can be more marketable in pediatric practice after graduation.
- To do further research on conditions that I encounter in the clinical field, and areas that I’ve not understood well on the same day of that clinical experience to improve and retain my knowledge.
To conclude, the course outline provided in the lecture is an indication of the adequate specialized training required to prepare students for nursing practice in the family sector. The knowledge obtained from the 3Ps course is vital in the clinical experience. Not only does it boost one’s confidence when attending to patients but also one’s nurse-patient relationship as they learn to trust their knowledgeable healthcare provider. Family practice is a challenging field, however, I believe through this course I’ll acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to help me collaborate with my colleagues as I deliver the best health care services.
Arends, R., Gibson, N., Marckstadt, S., Britson, V., Nissen, M. K., & Voss, J. (2021). Enhancing the nurse practitioner curriculum to improve telehealth competency. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 33(5), 391-397.
Buerhaus, P. I., Skinner, L. E., Auerbach, D. I., & Staiger, D. O. (2017). Four challenges facing the nursing workforce in the United States. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 8(2), 40-46.
DeNisco, S. M. (2021). Role development for the nurse practitioner. Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Flinter, M., & Hart, A. M. (2017). Thematic elements of the postgraduate NP residency year and transition to the primary care provider role in a federally qualified health center. J Nurs Educ Pract, 7(1), 95-106.
- Reflect on the analysis of the sin of suicide and, thus, euthanasia from the topic readings. Do you agree? Why or why not? Refer to the lecture and topic readings in your response
- EXPLAIN THE LAWS CONCERNING ASSISTED SUICIDE AND EXPLAIN THE BIBLICAL VIEWPOINT ON ASSISTED SUICIDE
- Select one trauma( suicide) Research one recent (within the last year) evidence-based practice article about this trauma(suicide) and discuss the findings regarding nursing intervention and practice
- Suicide Assessment of Client with Initially Subtle Warning Signs of Suicide
- Consider and reflect on the readings and learning resources. Then write a 2-3 page paper that describes the differences between complementary, alternative, and integrative therapies for stress management. Then explain your thoughts about these types of therapies. Would you be comfortable recommending them? Why or why not?
- Consider and reflect on the readings and learning resources especially the nutritional websites. Then create a one to two page handout that lists at least three (3) credible internet resources for nutrition
- Ethical Dilemmas in healthcare in regard to Euthanasia
- A case study report on Euthanasia
- Healthcare, Alzheimer’s Disease, Euthanasia
- EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE PAPER: clinical findings that are current, thorough, and relevant to diabetes and the nursing practice.
- Does Integrated behavioral Health Care Reduce Mental Health Disparities for Latinos? Initinal Findings
- Effects of gap findings in literature review
- Compare and contrast the theorist with the major themes in the curriculum: Caring, Health, Learning, Nursing and Commitment to Human Dignity.
- State and describe at least three (3) ethical, social, or legal problems that may arise in surrogacy arrangements. Consider exploitation of women in poor circumstances in the U.S. or abroad.
- What are some techniques that a law enforcement officers can use to modify the effects of stress?
- Analyze theories from nursing and relevant fields with respect to their components, relationships among the components, logic of the propositions, comprehensiveness, and utility to advanced nursing
- Review the CMS.gov 30-Day Mortality and Readmission Data website. Review at least two local hospitals in N.J. and see how they compare to state and national benchmarks
- Review the CMS.gov 30-Day Mortality and Readmission Data website. Review at least two local hospitals in N.J. and see how they compare to state and national benchmarks. How and why may a consumer or a health care professional use this data to make decision about their next hospitalization?
- Pros And Cons To Delivering Community-Based Participatory Care To Those Who Are Vulnerable
- Details:/ create a PowerPoint presentation of 10-15 slides in which you compare the pros and cons of continuing nursing education related to the following:
- Draft A Proposal Of 4–5 Pages For The Development Of An Interprofessional Team To Address A Problem In Delivering Safe, High-Quality Health Care.
- Delivering Effective Presentations
- MN576 Written Assignment: Vulnerable Female Populations Impacting Culturally Competent Delivery Of Women’s Health Care
- Milestone 2: Caring For Populations Vulnerable Population Assessment
- Discuss Several Risk Factors That May Impact Health Outcomes For The Vulnerable Population In Your Case Study.