Summary of Population of Interest and Discussion of Interview with a Healthcare Professional, Directions: Compose a paper that describes the Population of Interest (POI) that you have chosen and a summary of the interview with a healthcare professional with experience working with your chosen POI.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Summary of Population of Interest Part 1:
The Summary of Population of Interest is where you will justify why this is an important POI. Therefore, you need to supply data and information that supports your choice of POI. You do this by providing background information, statistical support, and specific information about the POI. The paper should not be purely anecdotal information from you or your sources. The paper should focus on the following:
- Consider the following questions as you justify the reasons you have chosen this POI:
- Why is this POI important to the field of nursing? Why is this POI important to study?
- How does this POI affect the staff/patients/clients?
- What is the current state of this POI in health care?
- Is this POI a local, national, or global concern?
- Make sure to discuss in detail your plan for how you will research this POI.
- Identify who you would need to contact or meet with to investigate the problem further.
- Discuss what your plans would be for interviewing staff, other departments, or other disciplines if you were actually in charge of managing this POI at a facility or in the community. This is just interviewing – there should be no formal survey or data collection as this course is not research.
- How do you plan to search the current literature for appropriate research studies on the topic?
- Be sure to identify how specific theory and knowledge from each of the following areas contributed to your ability to research and plan a course of action for your chosen POI. Consider how each of the following areas has impacted you, what you have learned in each of these areas, and how these experiences have shaped you as a student and RN:
- Specific prior general education courses
- Specific prior nursing courses
- Your nursing background and experience
For this part of the assessment you will conduct an interview with a professional who works with your particular POI and is preferably a case manager or a participant in case management activities with the chosen POI.
Criteria for the Interview:
- Interviewee should have at least a bachelor’s degree and have been working with the POI for at least one year
- Interviewee should preferably be a registered nurse (RN), but it is acceptable to interview another professional such as a social worker, physician, or ancillary specialist
- Interviewee can work in a variety of different settings, such as acute care, chronic care, or long-term care institutions
- Interview can take place in-person, via phone, email, or other distance format
- There is no time requirement or limit for the interview, just make sure you address all questions.
Summary of Population of Interest Step 1 – Identify a professional to interview
Summary of Population of Interest Step 2 – Create a list of 10 questions specific to your POI and the professional you have chosen to interview. Questions should be open-ended. Demographic questions do not count, and that information should be included in the introductory paragraph of the assessment.
Summary of Population of Interest Step 3 – Conduct the interview
Step 4 – Take notes during the interview or record the interview
Step 5 – Write up the interview and turn into the Dropbox
Final Submission Product – Parts 1 & 2
The assessment should follow this format:
- Discussion of POI
- Introduction to who you interviewed – basic information about who the person is, place of employment, primary job responsibilities
- List of questions with corresponding answers
- Summary of what you learned in this interview process
- Conclusion: summarizing Part 1 & 2
- Summary of Population of Interest and Discussion of Interview with a Healthcare Professional
- Professional Identity and Stewardship :Part 1;Peer Interview
- Professional Identity and Stewardship :Part 11;Leadership Interview.
- Professional Identity and Stewardship :Part 1;Peer Interview.
- Healthcare Billing Process (Interview)
- Discussion Topic: Regulating Professional Practice
- Practicum Project Proposal: Developing A Healthcare Providers Professional Guidelines For People With Developmental Disabilities
- Wk 6 – Reflection: Developing A Healthcare Providers Professional Guidelines For People With Developmental Disabilities
- PICOT: Select a nursing practice problem of interest to use as the focus of your research
- Interest Groups in healthcare lobbying efforts