Outlining is an essential aspect of nursing essay writing as it facilitates the organization of thoughts, structuring of ideas, and the creation of a coherent flow of information. By providing a clear roadmap, outlining ensures that the writer maintains focus on the main argument and ensures a logical progression throughout the paper. This article emphasizes the significance of outlining in nursing essay writing and presents an outline example.
A. Current Problem: Declining educational attainment rates and rising healthcare costs in the United States.
B. Population/Area of Focus: Unskilled or low-skilled adult workers
C. Key Terms: Healthy, well-educated
Thesis Statement: Students who drop out of high school before graduation, due to income deficit and susceptibility to depression, are at a higher risk for physical and mental health problems later in life.
A. Historical Employment Overview: Past unionization and adequate compensation for unskilled laborers.
B. Historical Healthcare Overview: Provision of healthcare and benefits to unskilled laborers in the past.
C. Current Link between Education and Employment Type: Increasing presence of uneducated workers in unskilled or low-skilled jobs.
D. Gaps in the Research: Insufficient information on the health implications of current conditions in low-skilled jobs.
III. Major Point 1: Conditions of employment affect workers’ physical health.
A. Minor Point 1: High correlation between unskilled work environments and worker injury.
B. Minor Point 2: Inadequate healthcare and limited injury recovery time in unskilled work environments.
IV. Major Point 2: Conditions of employment affect workers’ mental health.
A. Minor Point 1: High correlation between employment in low-skilled positions and dangerous levels of stress.
B. Minor Point 2: Stress is closely linked to mental health issues.
V. Major Point 3: Physical health and mental health are directly correlated.
A. Minor Point 1: Strong correlation between mental health problems and physical health problems.
B. Minor Point 2: Physical manifestations of stress.
VI. Major Point 4: Financial worries contribute to stress and poor physical health.
A. Minor Point 1: Financial problems faced by many high school dropouts.
B. Minor Point 2: Correlation between financial problems and unhealthy lifestyle choices.
A. Restatement of Thesis: High school dropouts face higher risks of mental and physical health problems throughout their lives.
B. Next Steps: The need for educational advocates, awareness among educators, and student retention efforts to promote healthy lifestyles and highlight the risks of dropping out of school.
The introduction provides context to prepare readers for the paper’s argument or purpose. It should focus on the specific topic and define key terms, establishing a connection to the current problem the paper addresses.
The thesis or purpose statement, placed at the end of the introduction, clearly articulates the paper’s central argument or purpose. It guides the reader and sets the direction for the paper.
Following the introduction, the background section justifies the project or paper by highlighting gaps in existing research or providing historical context.
Major & Minor Points
Major points serve as the building blocks of the paper, advancing the central argument. Minor points support and develop the nuances of the major points, using statistics, examples, or supporting ideas.
The conclusion restates the major claim and connects it to a broader discussion, addressing implications, future research, or broader societal aspects.
- Case Study 9-2: Lifestyle Changes For Weight Loss Sally Is A 43-Year-Old Mother Of Two Who Has Gained 50 Pounds Over The Past Five Years. She Is 64 Inches Tall And Weighs 180 Pounds With A BMI Of 30.8. Her Waist Circumference Is 37 Inches. She Acknowledge
- Discussion: Health Promotion During Pregnancy
- Write An Essay Of 800 To 1000 Words, Promoting A Practical Approach To Healthy Lifestyle During College Years And How These Habits Can Be Sustained Over A Lifetime.
- The Lifestyle And Health Practices Profile Is To Be Submitted At The End Of Week 2.
- Lifestyle And Health Practices Profile Guidelines
- MN552 SOAP Note Section II: Lifestyle Pattern And Section III: ROS
- Select a state or federal law or regulation related to patient safety that has been implemented within the last five years requiring hospitals or any other health care organizations to change the way they manage the delivery of care. Discuss the changes that have occurred because of this law or regulation.
- After presenting your capstone project change proposal, write a 250-350 word summary of the presentation. Include a description of the changes that were suggested by your preceptor before your presentation and how you incorporated that feedback
- Examine Changes Introduced To Reform Or Restructure The U.S.
- As an advanced practice nurse, you will examine patients presenting with a variety of disorders. You must, therefore, understand how the body normally functions so that you can identify when it is reacting to changes.
- Statistics for the Behavioral & Social Sciences
- Assess the relationship between public health and social determinants of health. Provide examples to illustrate the influences of public health on the social determinants of health.
- Integrate theoretical and empirical knowledge from the humanities, behavioral and biophysical sciences, and nursing as a basis for formulating nursing practice decisions
- Certification of nursing specialty and patient outcomes of nursing-sensitive operations within intensive care division
- School Counseling Programs should Balance between Prevention and Intervention of Social Development Needs
- Synthesize knowledge from the liberal arts and sciences and nursing science in understanding global perspectives, stimulating critical thinking, and using current technologies
- Research Methods in Health Sciences
- Applying to The University of the Pacific Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences