Using Jean Watson\’s Human Caring Science as a conceptual framework to use in advance nursing practice and explain how this conceptual framework relates to the unique perspective of the metaparadigm concept of person/client, nurse, health, and environment and describe applying the values of a conceptual framework to advance nursing roles.
This Competency Assessment assesses the following outcome(s):
MN502-1: Apply a conceptual framework focused on advanced nursing roles.
PC-5.1: Use language that is clear, concise, and organized.
Book reference for readings: Philosophies and theories for advances nursing practice.
J.B. Butts & K.L. Rich, (3rd ed).
What is a conceptual framework?
A conceptual framework is “a set of relatively abstract and general concepts that address the phenomena of central interest to a discipline, the propositions that broadly describe those concepts, and the propositions that state relatively abstract and general relations between two or more of the concepts” (Butts & Rich, 2018, p. 96).
Conceptual frameworks have a practical value because they guide research and practice. Each conceptual framework of nursing gives the disciple a unique perspective of the metaparadigm concept and provides a path for concrete theories.
In this assignment, you are going to locate a conceptual framework that you could use in advanced nursing practice. Explain how your chosen conceptual framework of nursing relates to the unique perspective of the metaparadigm concept of person/client, nurse, health, and environment and describe applying the value of a conceptual framework to advanced nursing roles. Keep in mind, that the conceptual framework is used to allow for practical applications of the metaparadigm concept that will lead to a concrete theory.
For this Assignment, your paper must be 2 to 3 pages, not including the title and reference pages. Minimum requirement of at least five sources of support.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word document.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your paper must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your paper should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your research paper should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations were appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style.