Identify and discuss three (3) health risk factors that can cause cancer and over which people can have control
Take-Home Assignment See the Marking Criteria further down in this section against which your assignment will be marked. The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate your knowledge about nursing care of the adult. There are four essay questions related to Modules One, Two, Three and Four in Module 4. Pick one questions and develop a different answer for each. The four questions appear below, followed by the marking criteria.
- There is a 500 word limit for essay response (excluding title page and references) using 12 font and 1” margins (excluding cover page and references).
- Articles used as references should be no more than five (5) years old (i.e., 2015) from the date of publication. A mixture of refereed journal articles and textbooks should be selected. Use organizational website information sparingly as these sources are not necessarily accurate or current in the information provided.
- You should have at least three (3) references . If you choose to use the course text, it is considered “extra”.
- Only one title page and one reference list is needed for the assignment. Please indicate on your title sheet which questions you are answering. A Table of Contents/Précis is not required.
- Running Head: SHORT VERSION (50 CHARACTERS OR LESS) in Capitals e.g. “Take Home Assignment N 115 (50 CHARACTERS OR LESS).” You can find out how to put this heading in your paper by looking in “Headers and Footers” in your MS Word or Word Perfect computer program at the very top of your screen (On a Mac, it is under ‘Insert”, “Header”)
- Numbering pages: Start your numbering on the title page and continue throughout your assignment. (On a Mac, it is under “Insert”).
- Page Break: This very necessary feature is used so that you can start a ‘clean’ page for the Introduction and Reference portions of your paper. In the Mac program it is under “Insert” at the top of the MS Word menu.
Please refer to the SAMPLE PAPER in your Syllabus for examples of APA formatting for your References.
PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY TEMPLATES TO ORGANIZE YOUR INPAPER CITATIONS, OR the REFERENCE LIST (APA TEMPLATE ON THE COMPUTER) OR PROGRAMS SUCH AS MICROSOFT MANAGER. It is very difficult to mark within the confines of these pre-constructed outlines and over
I choose question no 3
Question 3: Identify and discuss three (3) health risk factors that can cause cancer which people can have control.
NURS 405 Marking Criteria for Take-Home Assignment Correct Format Used and APA Style Requirements Followed (4 pts) Paper includes:
- Title page with title of paper, name of student, student ID, professor’s name, university, course, the numbers of the questions answered, date due, date submitted
- . 2. 12pt font, typed with 1’’ margin on all sides, right side unjustified, double spaced, numbered pages, running head on title page and on each subsequent page, and appropriate use of PAGE BREAK.
- Typed discussion is 500 words PER QUESTION, including an introduction and conclusion per question.
- Accurate sentence and paragraph structure, use of punctuation, spelling, correct grammar usage; no slang, jargon or clichés.
- APA style citation of references as appropriate in the text of paper and in construction of the reference list (References).
Actual Content (10pts)
- Introduction to each question contains a basic overview of the written discussion and how it is organized.
- Conclusion includes succinct summary of relevant points in each answer.
- Questions are answered comprehensively with logical development of the response and a clear focus on the issues appropriate to that question.
- There is adequate depth of current information presented.
- Evidence of connecting ideas from the literature and course content.
- Discussion demonstrates personal understanding of the topic, with examples of critical thinking as appropriate.
- Adequate number and pertinent references to support discussion and arguments. (At least three references per answer including a mix of journal articles and textbooks as well as organizational websites.)
Actual Academ ic Honesty
All sources of information used are cited using APA guidelines. Papers that are not original, plagiarized, or falsely cited will receive “0”. See Academic calendar re: academic honesty. Yes No