Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common and especially challenging in patients with Alzheimer’s disease/dementia. In the previous chapter, a preventive care program was proposed to address the challenge of UTIs among this patient category in the memory care unit. The effectiveness of this program will be evaluated by a 10% reduction in the number of UTIs in the memory care unit and the prevention of new UTI cases among dementia residents in the facility.
The evaluation plan will involve a review of UTI prevention data to ascertain residents are screened within 5 days of their prevention care. The plan will also involve a review of the collected urine culture rate among the affected individuals and a comparison of UTI rates upon implementation to ascertain a 10% reduction target by 20/01/2022.
During the evaluation of the prevention program, gathered information will include the number of screened individuals, urine culture samples collected, and the incidence of the disease in the unit. This information will be compared with baseline data to ascertain the 10% reduction of UTIs in the facility. The data collection method will include monitoring of UTI rates and collaboration with the unit manager to ensure all aspects of the prevention program are implemented.
Credibility is an important aspect of research because it links the study findings with reality and demonstrates the truth in research findings (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2019). To ensure credibility in the evaluation results, I will collect adequate data regarding the UTI rates over a reasonable period. I will involve the unit managers in the evaluation and compare the UTI reduction rates with previous data in the facility. One limitation of this evaluation plan is the absence of a control group to compare results with. The evaluation will depend on available data in the system and this is likely to limit the credibility of the outcome.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (2019). Elements of an evaluation plan. https://www.ahrq.gov/talkingquality/assess/evaluation-plan.html
- Organizational education plan on CAM, traditional medicine, holistic health, and spirituality PowerPoint
- Unit 9 Assignment: Final Paper and PowerPoint Presentation: write a paper that will review your entire quality improvement project along with a PowerPoint presentation to summarize the project.
- 10 slide PowerPoint presentation for department managers on building leadership and trust in collaborative teams
- Paper on Paradigm Shift: Religion, Spirituality, Science, and CAM (2–3 pages) Religion and/or culture clearly affect one’s perception of health and/or healthcare.
- The criteria for successful teams and the factors needed to ensure teams are structured for success
- proposal for a wellness education program for a specific population. Integrate aspects of culture, CAM and spirituality, and linguistics into the program
- Advanced Pathophysioloy PowerPoint Presentation 5-10 slides —including mindmap
- Create a Kaltura presentation using PowerPoint on a selected nursing practitioner speciality PowerPoint
- 10-slide Powerpoint presentation that explains the steps to accurate coding
- Unit VI PowerPoint Presentation HAZCOM Training Presentation
- What is the role of health care reform in shifting the focus from a disease-oriented health care system toward one of wellness and prevention, and how does nursing fit into this shift?
- Role of Health Care Reform
- Health Care Reform And The Role Of The Nurse Practitioner
- Ethical issues of health care reform include moral foundations, cost containment, public health, access to care, ED crowding, and end-of-life issues
- Frequently when the shortage of primary care providers is mentioned with regard to healthcare reform, insurance companies and other institutions forget to factor in the impact nurse practitioners can have on increasing access. How do you think we can improve this understanding of the nurse practitioner role?
- Health Care Reform when faced with a complicated issue
- Health Care Reform Project, Part I
- HCS 455 Week 3 assignment Current Policy Part I: Health Care Reform Matrix
- Home Health Care Reform
- Preparation For This Assessment, You May Choose One Of The Following Three Options For A Performance Dashboard To Use As The Basis For Your Benchmark Evaluation. Option 1: Dashboard And Health Care Benchmark Evaluation Simulation If You Decide To Use One
- MN551-2: Apply knowledge of tissue and organ structure and function to physiologic alterations in systems and analyze the cause and effect relationship in response to disease.
- In this Portfolio Assignment, you will continue to analyze the results and apply published research to the development of a proposed treatment for any issues uncovered by the assessment.
- The purpose of this assignment is to examine health care data on hospital-associated infections and determine the best methods for presenting the data to stakeholders. Use the scenario below and the “Hospital Associated Infections Data” Excel spreadsheet to complete the assignment.
- Review the interactive Pediatric Case Study and analyze the data to determine the health status of the patient.
- Assignment: Dashboard Analysis And Nursing Plan DUE
- Dashboard Analysis And Nursing Plan
- 4 Slide PPT On HIV (Create A Digital Dashboard)