Prevention Of Urinary Tract Infection in Elderly With Dementia
The purpose of the paper is to address the financial impact on both the patients and the organization in the prevention of urinary tract infections in the elderly Alzheimer/dementia patients in a long-term care facility). The paper will address the project’s current and future financial impact on patients and the organization, the necessary modifications, and the project’s sustainable elements.
The school health research board will have to inject the funds for the preparation and planning phase of the project. The activities in the preparation stage include the research on the interventions for preventing urinary tract infections and possible alternatives, and this includes; Enhancing proper hygiene, addressing urinary tract retention or obstruction, and the need for long-term antibiotic therapy (Rowe & Juthani-Mehta, 2022).
The total approximated cost for the project to run is 500 dollars funded by the school research board and the student. The 200 dollars will cater for human resources while 300 dollars will cater for material resources. In addition, this project will reduce the operational costs for the organization and the cost of seeking care for the patients. Subsequently, it will improve patients’ outcomes and patients’ satisfaction in managing UTIs.
Regarding financial considerations on the project, there is a need to adopt cheap and effective antibiotics, implementing easier and cheaper techniques for diagnosing and addressing urinary tract infections. Long-term antibiotic therapy reduces the chances of urinary tract reinfection (Dr. Liza Genao, 2022), which is essential to any health organization dealing with the diagnosis and management of UTIs. To be practical, nurses, clinicians, and laboratory technicians should accurately identify the causative organism for UTIs and prescribe the appropriate dosage.
Dr. Liza Genao, D. (2022). Urinary Tract Infections in Older Adults Residing in Long-Term Care Facilities. PubMed Central (PMC). Retrieved 5 January 2022, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3573848/.
Rowe, T., & Juthani-Mehta, M. (2022). Urinary tract infection in older adults. Retrieved 5 January 2022, from.
- Describe evidence-based practice (EBP) and its relationship to nursing research, nursing practice, and healthcare. (Domain – Educative Practice, Evidence-informed Practice,‘Process – Scholarship, Patient Safety)
- Understanding nursing research – building an evidence based practice 6th edition by Grove, Gray and Burns (2015)
- John Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice Model Vs The IOWA Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) model
- What did I learn? the use of the evidence-based practice, building leadership skills, keeping abreast of nursing developments
- understanding the importance of research and evidence based nursing in informing their clinical practice
- Evidence-based practice : how evidence-based practice impacted the care of Jahi McMath after she was declared clinically dead following a routine tonsillectomy in California.
- NRS-433V | History and Process of Nursing Research, Evidence-Based Nursing Practice, and Quantitative and Qualitative Research Process
- Select one trauma( suicide) Research one recent (within the last year) evidence-based practice article about this trauma(suicide) and discuss the findings regarding nursing intervention and practice
- Discuss the differences in competencies between nurses prepared at the ADN vs. the BSN level. Identify a patient care situation in which you describe how nursing care or approaches to decision making nay differ based upon educational preparation of the nurse
- differences in competencies between nurses prepared at the associate-degree level versus the baccalaureate-degree level. Identify a patient care situation in which you describe how nursing care or approaches to decision-making may differ based upon the educational preparation of the nurse (BSN versus a diploma or ADN degree).
- The Nursing Process: Assessments, Team Approaches and Patient Care
- Essay describing the differing approaches of nursing leaders and managers to issues in practice.
- NRS-451V Week 2 Effective Approaches in Leadership and Management
- Approaches to Decision Making
- Individual Success Plan (ISP)
- Choose One Of The Five Determinants Other Than Individual Behavior (As We Are All Aware Of How Individual Behavior Impacts Health). In Your Post, Describe This Determinant And Its Importance.
- Assignment: Academic Success And Professional Development Plan Part 6: Finalizing The Plan
- In this Assignment you will continue developing your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by developing the fifth component–a portfolio for your academic and professional efforts.
- Academic Success And Professional Development Plan
- Assignment: Academic Success And Professional Development Plan Part 4: Research Analysis
- Academic And Professional Success Plan Template