Hypothesis testing is the process of validating or invalidating a statistical test claim (Davis & Mukamal, 2022). It offers a framework for initiating determinations linked to population. The claim is typically linked to the studied population. Each hypothesis test has two contrasting statements(hypotheses) about the study group or population. The initial hypothesis is the null hypothesis stating that the parameter used for testing is the same or equal to the claimed value. The second set of hypotheses is an alternative hypothesis applicable when the null hypothesis is rejected or untrue (Zhao et al.,2017). Alternatively, the null hypothesis is the stand one takes before the claim is proved, while the alternative hypothesis is the stand one can take if the evidence is enough.
This quantitative research process is essential when coming up with adjustments and changes. Evidence must support the need for adjustment or change in interventions and practices in a clinical setup. The evidence is provided by conducting research and testing both hypotheses.
An example in a clinical setting would be, I think drug A is better than drug B in treating condition X. I will then use data to support this. I will determine if is true by randomly collecting the efficiency and effectiveness of using both drugs A and B in the treatment of condition X. If I lack enough evidence to support drug A is better than B in management of condition X, I will fail to reject the null hypothesis, and I will conclude drug A is better than B in management of condition X. If the findings were sufficient to reject null hypothesis then the alternative hypothesis would be drug B is better than drug A in management of disease X.
Davis, R., & Mukamal, K. (2022). Hypothesis Testing. Circulation. Retrieved 2 January 2022, from https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/circulationaha.105.586461.
Zhao, Z., De Stefani, L., Zgraggen, E., Binnig, C., Upfal, E., & Kraska, T. (2017, May). Controlling false discoveries during interactive data exploration. In Proceedings of the 2017 ACM International Conference on Management of Data (pp. 527-540). From https://doi.org/10.1145/3035918.3064019
- Formulate a PICOT statement using the PICOT format provided in the assigned readings. The PICOT statement will provide a framework for your capstone project
- NRS-433V to formulate a PICOT statement for your capstone project.
- RS-433V to formulate a PICOT statement for your capstone project
- Formulate a PICOT statement using the PICOT format provided in the assigned readings.
- NRS-433V-RS5-Research-Critique-PICOT question
- The final PICOT statement will provide a framework for your capstone project (the project students must complete during their final course in the RN-BSN program of study).
- Discuss a clinical problem or issue in your area of practice that would be appropriate for an EBP project and formulate a researchable question using PICOT format
- PICOT statement for capstone project RN-BSN program of study
- Formulating a PICOT statement using the provided PICOT format
- Nursing assignment: Life & Faith as discussed in the new testament
- Health Care Provider and Faith Diversity
- What is informed consent and why was it disregarded in the Syphilis Study at Tuskegee?
- The Importance of Time Management and Documentation in the role of nursing student and RN Paper details
- Tour a nursing home in your community and record details about the physical setting, the social interactions of the residents, the activities of the staff, and other basic information.
- Schizophrenia. Explained with details
- Details: After reading the Topic 1 materials, complete the questionnaire titled, “My Nursing Ethic.”
- EXPLORING PYCHOLOGY IN DETAILS
- This Is A Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) Assignment. In Your Collaborative Learning Community, Write A Paper Of 500-1,000 Words That Describes The History Of The Identified Health Issue.
- Week 1: Psychiatric Assessment Of The Adult And Older Adult
- Online learning is considered a virtual learning environment (VLE); however there are other types of VLE that you may have used or heard about. Please discuss one of the following VLE’s and your experience with using it
- Compare Physical Assessment Of A Child To That Of Adult
- Interview With An Older Adult
- Role Of The APRN In Increasing Adult Vaccinations
- Elderly Adult Assessment APA Paper