I have chosen the article “The Role of the Theory of Human Caring in Nursing Practice: A Systematic Review” by Hyun-Jin Kim, Hyun-Sook Cho, and Eun-Jung Lee. The purpose of the study was to evaluate the effects of nursing practice based on the Theory of Human Caring (T.H.C.) on patient outcomes (Kim et al., 2019). The study incorporated the grand nursing theory of Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring.
The study found that nursing practice based on the Theory of Human Caring resulted in positive patient outcomes, such as improved physical and psychological symptoms and quality of life. The study also found that THC-based nursing practice could help nurses better understand patients’ needs and develop a caring relationship with them.
This study used the Theory of Human Caring to guide nursing practice and research. The theory emphasizes the importance of human caring, which includes the notion that nurses should focus on providing holistic, empathetic, and compassionate care. The theory also recognizes each patient’s unique needs and emphasizes the importance of developing a caring relationship. By applying this theory to nursing practice, nurses can better understand their patient’s needs and provide care tailored to them (Mcharo, 2018).
The theory aligns with nursing’s metaparadigm, composed of four major concepts: person, environment, health, and nursing. The Theory of Human Caring emphasizes the concept of person, which relates to the notion that each patient has unique needs and should be treated accordingly. It also emphasizes the concept of nursing, which relates to the nurse’s role in providing care tailored to the patient’s needs.
In my opinion, nursing theory is essential for developing nursing practice and research. Nursing theory provides a framework for nursing practice, allowing nurses to understand their patient’s needs and provide care tailored to their needs. The nursing theory also provides a way for nurses to reflect on their practice, allowing them to make changes and improvements as needed (McEwen & Wills, 2019). By applying nursing theory to nursing practice and research, nurses can provide better patient care and understand their needs.
Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring is a transpersonal, humanistic theory rooted in the idea that an effective nurse-patient relationship is crucial to providing quality care. Watson’s theory promotes patient-centred care and establishes trust and respect between the nurse and the patient. The theory comprises 10 Carative Factors, which include providing a therapeutic, nurturing environment, creating a humanistic-altruistic value system, developing a helping-trust relationship, and promoting a healthy culture (Jean Watson’s Theory of Caring). Watson’s theory aligns with nursing’s metaparadigm in that the focus is on the patient and their needs and the nurse as a holistic caregiver.
I am interested in Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring because it emphasizes the importance of the nurse-patient relationship. As a nurse, having a solid connection between the patient and the nurse is essential to providing quality care. The foundation of quality nursing practice is providing patient-centred care and forming a trusting relationship with the patient.
Understanding nursing theory and applying it to nursing practice and research is essential for providing quality care. Nursing theories provide a framework for nurses to provide practical, holistic care. Understanding nursing theory allows nurses to look beyond the physical and focus on the patient. Nursing theories also help nurses better understand their role in patient care and provide guidance on best meeting the patient’s needs. Applying nursing theory to practice is essential for providing quality care.
Kim, H-J., Cho, H-S., & Lee, E-J. (2019). The Role of the Theory of Human Caring in Nursing Practice: A Systematic Review. International Journal of Nursing Sciences, 6(3), 447-455.5 doi:10.1016/j.ijnss.2019.06.009
Mcharo, S. K. (2018). T.R.U.S.T. model for inclusive spiritual care: Critique of middle-range theory. Links to an external site.Journal of Holistic Nursing, 36(3), 282–290.
McEwen, M., & Wills, E. M. (2019). Theoretical basis for nursing (5th ed.). Wolters Kluwer.
Jean Watson’s Theory of Caring: Implications for Practice, Education, and Research.” Nursing Research and Practice, nursing-research-practice. Biomed central.com/articles/10.1186/1744-3881-2-2.
- Write A 4 To 5 Page Paper (Page Count Does Not Include Title And Reference Page) That Addresses The Following: Introduce The Conceptual Frameworks Of The Ethical Constructs Of Ethics, Moral, Or Legal Standards And The Purpose Of The Paper
- Taken from the assigned reading in Butts chapter 12, page 401, “Ethical Reflection: Typical Unethical or Illegal Behaviors in Organizations”- Create a presentation of 10 slides or screens excluding the title and references
- This Is About CAUTI (Catheter Acquired Urinary Tract Infection) This Is A Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) Assignment. Locate No More Than 10 Research Articles Related To Your EBP Project. Use The Assigned Topic Materials “CLC: EBP Research Tab
- Select An Article From A Peer-Reviewed Nursing Journal Regarding An EBP Process Or Implementation. Write A Summary Of 750-1,000 Words That Includes The Following Criteria: An Introduction That Explains The Focus Of The Article.
- DPI Project Proposal Chapter 1 – Introduction To The Project
- Powerpoint Title Imogene King’s Theory Of Goal Attainment Should Consist Of 15-20 Slides. Rubric Is Attached
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation (a title slide, 6-12 slides, and a reference slide; no larger than 2 MB) that includes the following
- Signature Assignment Title: Modern Organizations and Healthcare
- Signature Assignment Title: Theory Overview
- The Assignment: (1- To 2-Page Global Health Comparison Matrix; 1-Page Plan For Social Change) Part 1: Global Health Comparison Matrix
- Environmental Justice: Exploring risk assessment and risk management, and what governments can do to prevent potential environmental health issues Custom Paper
- decision-making process for risk management and quality management
- HCS 451 Week 1 Individual Assignment – Overview of Risk Management and Quality Management in Health Care Worksheet
- HCS 451 Version 5 – Risk Management and Quality Management in Health Care Worksheet
- UOP HCS/451 Version 5 Overview of Risk Management and Quality Management in Health Care Worksheet
- Victimless? Please write a one to two page paper discussing whether or not the possession and carrying of firearms or the illegal purchase of a firearm are “victimless” crimes. Why are offenses such as these not usually listed as victimless crimes? Make sure your paper is in proper APA format and that you accurately cite all outside sources used in this paper both in the text of your essay and in a References page.
- ADVERSE EVENT TEMPLATES: You are the lead of the risk management team that has been assigned to evaluate an incident that has occurred. You will be preparing a report for the CEO of the hospital that includes all system failures that contributed to the adverse event as well as utilizing a CQI tool (pareto, fishbone, flowchart).
- HCS 451 Week 3 Individual Assignment 2015 – Risk and Quality Management
- Liquidity And Risk Management
- Risk Management Plan