I’m writing to request a reentry of the NUR 242 class, which I failed last semester. I was dealing with many family troubles at the time, which slowed down my progress and damaged my academic life. I couldn’t concentrate in class because my mind was elsewhere even though I was physically present. Financial troubles produced a rift between my parents, and it became impossible to meet basic demands. At home, fights were a daily occurrence, there was no peace, and I couldn’t talk to anybody about it because I was terrified and ashamed by the situation. My mental health was in jeopardy.
My mind would be all over the place, and my concentration in class would suffer. I failed because I failed to prioritize my studies and classes. I didn’t keep up with the notes, assignments, and group work because I felt like my world was turning upside down, and there was nothing I could do about it. I was powerless. I accept full responsibility for failing the unit, not speaking to someone, and losing sight of what was most important to me: finishing my studies and becoming an excellent nurse. I’m re-evaluating my priorities and scheduling time to speak with someone about my concerns, including the school counselor. My grades in other classes have been good, and I’ve been passing them since I’ve had plenty of time, along with a conducive environment.
I should have worked harder and kept my personal life and schoolwork apart. My schoolwork should not have been harmed as a result of it. I’m set to pass the NUR 242 course and move on to the next level. I’ve made a list of objectives to help me pass the unit, including active involvement in class, group work, asking for clarification on ideas I don’t understand, and attending all of my lessons. I’ll also inform my parents about the disagreements and how they’re harming my academic performance so that we can figure out a way for them to be supportive. Excelling is my goal, and if I have another chance to do things right on the course and advance, I will not disappoint you.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE-Analyze the impact of intimate partner violence on the individual client
- What disease, topic, or Nursing situation are you interested in exploring further? If you had a choice what would you like to read about or study (Example: Horizontal violence, depression, diabetes, patient safety, etc.)?
- Lateral Violence Among Nurses
- LATERAL VIOLENCE
- Nursing influence on patient outcomes, registered nurse role and responsibility, adapting to health changes and meeting the needs of the patients, burnout, lateral violence, continuing education, feel free to add in any other points beyond this list if applicable
- Discuss the correlation between family and domestic violence and the impacts this has on mental health, focusing on the nursing considerations, assessments and recognition
- Select a high-risk family type from this list only, homelessness, family violence, teen pregnancy, suicidal ideation, or with drug or alcohol abuse issues
- Injury and Violence Prevention
- PowerPoint addressing Violence in the Workplace
- Advocacy Against Violence and Abuse Paper
- Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your professional practice (use model-role-model theory)
- Explain how model-role-model theory fits your professional practice
- Conceptual – Theoretical – Empirical (CTE) Structure
- Introduce the conceptual frameworks of the ethical constructs of ethics, moral, or legal standards and the purpose of the paper
- King’s Conceptual System Theory
- The Purnell Model for Cultural Competence
- Module 01 Written Assignment – 7 Step Decision Making Model