Vulnerable populations are individuals having difficulties in accessing healthcare, experience disparities in life expectancy, are more likely to suffer from discrimination, and face high morbidity and mortality rate (Brown, 2022). This includes the children and the elderly, women and girls, prostitutes, etc. This paper will describe the vulnerability of the young and elderly in the general population and how I can advocate for them at the local, state, and national levels.
Children and Elderly as Vulnerable population
Children are more susceptible to social abuse, diseases, infection, exploitation, and malnutrition than adults (Brown, 2022). We have components of children’s vulnerability; this includes lack of control for their biological and physical needs, limited autonomy, and lack of voice on issues and agendas affecting them.
To eliminate children’s susceptibility to social injustices, I will advocate for children’s social protection at the local, state, and national levels (Brown, 2022). This will help children meet their biological and physical needs, support parents and guardians to meet the need of their children, explore to reach their full potential, and grant them access to health services and education.
Older people may lack access to health care services and steady income, they may face challenges in their mental and physical abilities, increased dependency, making them vulnerable in society (Brown, 2022). The vulnerability increases if they don’t have assets ownership rights or access to employment.
Older people have a greater need for health services than their young counterparts. To protect them from exploitation and discrimination, I will advocate for elderly social protection at local, state, and national levels. Social protection can be in the form of old-age pension and contributory pension to those in formal employment (Brown, 2022). This will help them meet their needs and reduce unnecessary exploitations.
Brown, E. (2022). Vulnerable groups: needs and challenges – GSDRC. GSDRC. Retrieved 7 January 2022, from https://gsdrc.org/topic-guides/social-protection-2/vulnerable-groups-needs-and-challenges/.
- Why is vision essential to facilitating successful change in an organization? What is the correlation between a leader\’s role/vision and a successful change initiative? Describe a vision that you have seen/heard/read/viewed that you felt inspired successful change. How did this vision influence people\’s behavior and attitudes toward a major change initiative?
- Explain, in your own words, the terms “mission,” “vision,” “goals,” and “values” statements. What is the practical purpose of a statement of organizational values?
- Explain the role and relationships among health care mission, vision, values, and strategic goals
- Identifying Nursing Mission, Philosophy and Goals
- General Hospital’s Mission and Vision Statement Restructure
- Crafting a Mission and Vision for an Organization
- The Influence of Mission and Vision on Planning
- Different between service-based and population-based applications
- Select one trauma( suicide) Research one recent (within the last year) evidence-based practice article about this trauma(suicide) and discuss the findings regarding nursing intervention and practice
- NRS-433V | History and Process of Nursing Research, Evidence-Based Nursing Practice, and Quantitative and Qualitative Research Process
- Treating Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) by Use of Accelerated Resolution Therapy
- Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD)
- difference in detecting psychological distress disorders like depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder early in post-acute (MI) patients
- What changes in the U.S. health care delivery system would you suggest to actually make it a system in order to address the health needs of veterans and their families, e.g. post-traumatic stress, brain injury, post-deployment depression, and other visible and invisible wounds of war?
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Develop A Formal Teaching Plan For A Target Audience In A Nursing Academic Or Healthcare Setting (Do Not Develop A Teaching Plan For Patients.). Use The Template Provided To Prepare And Submit The Teaching Plan.
- In The Role Of A Health Care Manager, For The Final Project You Will Develop And Write A Comprehensive Marketing And Communication Plan For Your Fictitious Health Care Organization. The Final Project Will Be Divided Into Four Parts:
- Categorize the issues in the brief according to the following—politics and politicians, access to health care, health care insurance, health care legislation, money, drugs, or other.
- Benchmark – Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal Week 5
- Assignment: Academic Success And Professional Development Plan Part 6: Finalizing The Plan