What are your thoughts on evolution?
Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection explains the change in characteristics of a species over several generations. Based on his description, it can be argued that man and other living things are still evolving. I find the process of evolution interesting because it is based on the genetic variation in a population that affects the characteristics of individuals. Darwin’s theory explains that some individuals will definitely have an advantage over others that will define their survival. Based on this material, I believe evolution has no schedule and new species can arise in a matter of years and evolution does not stop.
Your previous views of learning on this topic?
Previously, I learned that evolution is the cumulative change in population species over time. Learning this topic has enabled me to understand that genetics plays a key role in evolution because certain traits will enable individuals to survive as others die. Additionally, the environment plays a key role in evolution because it produces a set of conditions that populations need to adapt to survive.
Does this help you feel more confident with these materials?
This material has improved my understanding of the roots of mankind and how evolution may lead to new species several years from now. Those species that will possess certain traits will live to pass them to the next generation. Evolution by natural selection is one of the ways to explain why certain species have survived and why we might look a bit different from our ancestors.
Do you have other questions on the subjects covered in this module?
The subjects covered provide detailed insight on evolution by natural selection. I might like to know any explanations about how traits are passed from one generation to another based on Darwin’s theory given that the science of genetics had not yet been discovered.
- Research Ebola on the WHO (World Health Organization) and CDC websites
- Utilization Management: response to a blog from credible internet websites like the CDC
- How would you apply the transformational theory leader-member theory (LMX) to improve an organization\’s performance? Discuss in the context of your own organization, an organization you have belonged to in the past, or another existing organization that would benefit from significant organizational improvement.
- Go to the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) and the Health Level Seven® International (HL7) websites and prepare a 3–5 page executive summary outlining the current activities of these organizations relating to the implementation of the EHR.
- Select a public health issue from one of the following American Public Health Association websites
- Compile an Annotated Bibliography of websites related to Health and Wellness
- Annotated Bibliography of websites related to Health and Wellness
- Ebola virus and health care preparedness in The US
- NSCA, ACSM and NASM’s websites
- Consider and reflect on the readings and learning resources especially the nutritional websites. Then create a one to two page handout that lists at least three (3) credible internet resources for nutrition
- Leadership models: The recent announcement that two major hospital systems would be merging their services in to one entity
- Health care quality occurs when: patients can access a continuum of appropriate care and service in a timely manner, patients are educated and actively participate in the planning and delivery of their care and service, clinical outcomes are achieved with excellence, patients achieve their care goals and optimum quality of life
- Select a health care facility or service (e.g., hospital, physician practice, long-term care facility, ambulance service, pharmacy, or skilled nursing facility)
- Hospital organization external environmental and service area competitor analysis for a new health care service
- Hospital organization external environmental and service area competitor analysis for a new health care service.
- Given present public health and healthcare trends, where are employment opportunities for public health professionals most likely to arise in the coming years? What knowledge/skills are likely to be needed by public health workers in the future that are different from those of the pas
- The media, and Hollywood in particular, represent one avenue in which the general public becomes familiar with the role of nurses. How does the media positively or negatively influence the public’s image of nursing? What other avenues may better educate the general public on the role and scope of nursing as well as the changing health care system?
- Assess the relationship between public health and social determinants of health. Provide examples to illustrate the influences of public health on the social determinants of health.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD)
- difference in detecting psychological distress disorders like depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder early in post-acute (MI) patients
- What changes in the U.S. health care delivery system would you suggest to actually make it a system in order to address the health needs of veterans and their families, e.g. post-traumatic stress, brain injury, post-deployment depression, and other visible and invisible wounds of war?
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Develop A Formal Teaching Plan For A Target Audience In A Nursing Academic Or Healthcare Setting (Do Not Develop A Teaching Plan For Patients.). Use The Template Provided To Prepare And Submit The Teaching Plan.
- In The Role Of A Health Care Manager, For The Final Project You Will Develop And Write A Comprehensive Marketing And Communication Plan For Your Fictitious Health Care Organization. The Final Project Will Be Divided Into Four Parts:
- Categorize the issues in the brief according to the following—politics and politicians, access to health care, health care insurance, health care legislation, money, drugs, or other.
- Benchmark – Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal Week 5
- Assignment: Academic Success And Professional Development Plan Part 6: Finalizing The Plan
- Benchmark – Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal