Community and population health are important areas of focus in today’s healthcare system. In my previous definitions, community health represents the protection, maintenance, and promotion of health and healthy activities of individuals within a given geographical location (Rhodes et al., 2018). On the other hand, population health refers to the health status and outcomes of individuals in a group. Overall, both community and population health involve individuals and are characterized by the promotion of health and prevention of illness.
This program has helped to improve my understanding of community and population health through learning them in class and doing fieldwork. For example, I was involved in educating COVID-19 patients through a door-to-door approach. I observed that managing individuals were different from dealing with communities because community health involved interventions that concerned the determinants of health.
The artifact that supports my definition of community and population health is the Community Health and Population Focused Nursing task. During this task, I used the windshield survey to identify health problems in Sentinel City and proposed solutions to address the challenge of STIs in the community. During this task, I learned that the health of populations is determined by certain factors that are unequally distributed among communities. For example, the lack of access to healthcare facilities led to an increased rate of STIs in Sentinel city. I also learned that the lack of adequate information and health education led to an increase in STI rates in the community.
The American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) certificate is a document that indicates the successful completion and competence of the nurse in the areas of Genetics, Genomics, Genethics. This certificate demonstrates expertise in this area of practice and the ability of the nurse to use this knowledge to promote the health of individuals and communities.
Rhodes, S. D., Tanner, A. E., Mann-Jackson, L., Alonzo, J., Simán, F. M., Song, E. Y., Bell, J., Irby, M. B., Vissman, A. T., & Aronson, R. E. (2018). Promoting community and population health in public health and medicine: A stepwise guide to initiating and conducting community-engaged research. Journal of Health Disparities Research and Practice, 11(3), 16–31. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6699784/
- Week 9: Early-Onset Schizophrenia
- Assignment 1: Early Onset Schizophrenia
- Early Onset Schizophrenia
- Assessing and Treating Clients With Psychosis and Schizophrenia
- Assignment: Assessing And Treating Clients With Psychosis And Schizophrenia
- HIS-144 Week 3 The Evolution Of Democracy In The Early Republic
- Identify The Early Iterations Of The HIPAA Act And How The Law Has Been Modified To Facilitate Easier Access To Consumer Complaints And Enforcement. 2. Describe The Overall Process Of Submitting A Health Information Privacy Complaint To The OCR. 3.
- Consider what was happening in nursing in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s with the change from diploma programs to an associate degree program
- explore the characteristics of Early Renaissance art in both Northern and Southern Europe
- Nursing In The Late 1970’S And Early 1980’S
- How has the concept of culture been defined by various anthropologists? What strengths and weaknesses does each definition pose? How should anthropologists in the 21st century define and study culture? Discuss with reference to the work of three of the following: Malinowski/Rappaport, Mead, Farmer, Geertz, Steedly/Abu-Lughod, Wilk/Watson, and Rabinow.
- Select three theories and compare the definition of person/human being. Comment regarding which definition best fits with your own thinking.
- Define common characteristics of critical thinking by exploring the influence of culture on its definition
- Describe how health care organization structures–hospitals, private practices, nursing homes, assisted-living facilities, home healthcare, hospice, surgical centers, and so on–affect the delivery of IT services? Compare and contrast at least two health care organization structures in your discussion
- Your Assignment should be at least two full double-spaced pages in length, using size 12-point font in APA format. Be sure your paper is well written in paragraph form, with correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Cite all sources used. Answer the following questions. What can be learned from the Tibetan culture about the mind and stress? What do the views espoused by theorists have in common? Explain your perspective. Describe one or more ways to cope with manage and/or resolve fear. Describe a minimum of five ways in which you can improve your communication style.
- American Culture in Relation to Culture and Education
- Describe your professional goals, including your personal definition of nursing and concept of career opportunities in the field?
- 1.Research and describe a product ideation model or methodology. Describe the ideation approach and how you might use it in your collaboration assignment for this module. 2.Explain the importance of using a structured innovation process in your organization to enable innovation.
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word strategic objectives summary. Include your balanced scorecard and its impact on all stakeholders, and the communication plan.
- Organization Culture