Assignment 1: Postcard From the Future Nursing Paper
20% of the Total Grade
For this assignment, we ask that you consider your nursing practice at a point in the future – say 5 or 10 years from now. What would the practice environment look like at that time in terms of information and communication technologies? Which of the information and communication technologies that you have explored in this course would you like to see in practice at that time and why?
In this short paper you should:
- Identify an information and communication technology that you envision being used in the future. What is the technology and how will it be used?
- Describe the impact to client care associated with the technology? How will it improve quality of care? Strengthen patient safety?
- Discuss actions required for the successful integration of this technology into nursing practice. What education or training is required to use the technology correctly?
Evaluation Criteria for Assignment 1
- Provide a clear description of the technology (4 marks)
- Articulate the anticipated impact of the technology on nursing care (4 marks)
- Include a detailed plan for integration of the technology (3 marks)
- Provide evidence of application of course concepts from Units 1, 2, and 3 and references to sources (e.g., journal articles, web-based materials) beyond those offered in the course materials (3 marks)
- Demonstrate scholarly format including:
- 3-4 pages in length excluding title page and Reference list (1 mark)
- Scholarly language and professional tone (1 mark)
- Correct grammar, spelling and punctuation (1 mark)
- Effective introduction and conclusion (1 mark)
- Include accurate APA (6th edition) formatting including:
- Title page, headings, and subheadings (1 mark)
- Reference citations and reference list (1 mark)