Choosing college essay topics to write about can be more challenging than the writing process. You need to brainstorm various ideas and analyze different topics, which is not a cup of tea for many students. This article compiles 200+ best college essay topics to write about.
Tips for choosing good essay topics
1. Brainstorm various topics to come up with multiple potential ideas.
2. Write down all the ideas you think about.
3. Research the topics you select to see if you can find enough information for each topic selected.
4. Narrow your topics down and select one topic.
Qualities of good essay topics
1. Concrete and specific: A good essay topic has specific goals and expected results.
2. Highly relevant: A good essay topic should be relevant to the readers.
3. Trending: Choose emerging and current issues for more interesting topics.
4. Important: An essay topic should be impactful to the field of academics, society, and community in general.
Essay topics for different categories
Argumentative essay topics for college:
– Is there an excessive amount of pressure on youngsters to attend college?
– Should immigrants be granted more rights?
– Is it the responsibility of TV shows and movies to be more diverse?
– What impact does “false news” have on political and social life?
– What impact do reality shows have on society?
– Should English be made the official national language of the United States?
– Can we ever stop using social media in our free will?
– Cameras placed at public places; do they infringe on people’s privacy?
– Should teenagers be controlled from the time they take playing internet games?
– Should we use cosmetics that are animal tested to protect ourselves from dangerous consequences?
Persuasive college essay topics:
– Should kids in elementary and secondary schools be permitted to use cell phones?
– Should all Americans be required to serve in the community for a year?
– Should adolescent girls be permitted to acquire birth control without their parent’s permission?
– Is now the right moment to change immigration laws?
– Should youngsters be charged as adults for violent crimes?
– Should students be allowed to have phones at school?
– Compare the Antebellum and Reconstruction periods in American history.
– Compare Star Wars and Star Trek.
– Which makes a better pet: cats or dogs?
– Compare Middle Colonies vs. New England Colonies OR Southern Colonies vs. Middle Colonies.
– Compare Capitalism vs. Communism.
200+ Best College Essay Topics
Compare and contrast essay topics:
– Traditional Education vs Distance Learning: Which Is the Better Option for Today’s Students?
– Are Fascism and Nazism the Same or Different Concepts?
– Gender Differences in Mental Processes: Female and Male Mental Processes
– Is working as a freelancer a viable option to working full-time?
– Which Social Network Has More Possibilities: Facebook or Myspace?
– What Is More Dangerous: Anorexia Nervosa or Obesity?
– Should We Protect Intellectual Property from Free-to-Access Sources with Rights Reserved?
– Which one is the best option for students to get a part-time job in college or party all their free time?
– Actual versus virtual classrooms, which one is more effective?
– Which ones are more effective? Mobile healthcare units or stationary units?
Informative college essay topics:
– Methods for Improving School Health Standards in Germany
– What can we do to make American football safer?
– The Importance of Having a Democratic Political System
– In less developed countries, there are various types of social evils
– Why Should Your Company Implement Reliable Cyber Security Measures?
– Pregnant Women Traveling by Plane: What Are the Most Important Health Tips?
– Methods for Preventing Excessive Factory Air Pollution
– Does the college dress code improve the academic efficiency of all students?
– Influence of video games
on students’ grades
– Factors that influence the academic performance of college students
Topics for Controversial Essays:
– The Importance of a teacher’s behavior in the case of child abuse signs
– Factors that can turn computer games into violent stimulators in real life
– The role of prostitution in the Canadian economy and its impact
– Euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide ethics
– Is Global Warming real, or is it just propaganda?
– Vaccinations are required for admission to public schools, according to the LGBTQ community’s history, explain
– Should animals be used in experiments testing?
– Is the process of United States elections fair?
– Should the death penalty be included in the constitution?
– Explain how religious movements cause war
Narrative essay topics:
– Describe an instance when you were injured on the playground; what went wrong?
– Describe a time in your life when you rebelled
– Tell us about moral issues that you are concerned about and why
– Cowardice in its worst form
– Tell us about a time when you faced a moral dilemma
Topics for expository essays (click here to see the remaining 50+ options):
– Describe the social relevance of wearing a school uniform
– Describe the ramifications of dropping out of college
– Explain how communication has changed in the previous 20 years since the internet’s inception
– Explain why workplace tolerance is so important
– Define the reasons for not voting in elections and the consequences of not voting
Cause and effects essay topics
When it comes to writing a cause-and-effect essay, it is important to choose a topic that holds significance in order to make your essay successful. Below, you will find some excellent topic ideas for your cause-and-effect essay:
– How do family vacations impact family relationships?
– Discuss the causes of environmental catastrophes.
– Is there a connection between human curiosity and the state of our planet?
– What effects has technological development had on the state of nature?
– Explore the causes of technological advancements in Japan.
– What are the effects and causes of terrorism in the modern world?
– How does world travel influence personality and life?
– Examine the effects of genetically modified foods on human health.
– How does smoking affect pregnant women?
– Analyze the impacts of stress on overall health.
Proposal essay topics
Proposal essay topics aim to demonstrate that a particular idea can be put into practice. Consider the following ideas for proposal essay topics:
– Can financial incentives motivate individuals to put more effort into their work? Tips for leading a fulfilling life without worrying about income.
– Should Religious Studies be included in high school curricula? How can it be tailored to accommodate all religions?
– What role do students and teachers play in the educational process? How can they improve the quality of education?
– Exploring the distinction between misunderstanding and hatred: managing powerful emotions in parent-child relationships.
– Do people with disabilities receive fair treatment in society? How can their lives be improved?
– Is environmental protection still necessary? What can individuals do on a daily basis to bring about change?
– Besides monetary compensation, how should businesses reward their employees?
Please note that these ideas for proposal essay topics are preliminary. It is advisable to consult your instructor or professor before finalizing your essay topic.
Funny informative college essay topics
Injecting humor into informative essays can help capture the attention of your audience. Here are some examples of funny informative college essay topics:
– Sincerity vs. politeness: the games people play and the masks they wear.
– How stupid cat videos are ruining the internet.
– Is adrenaline worth the risk in extreme sports?
– Why do skinny models still represent the modern beauty standard?
– Ethical considerations in surrogate motherhood and its environment.
– Are women today still considered the weaker sex?
– Is laziness a path to success?
– The dubious track record of data in the media.
– The consequences of the Chernobyl disaster.
– The ups and downs of happy and unhappy marriages.
– Television creating a new culture.
– The correlation between one’s choice of profession and personal development.
– The limitless possibilities of the human body.
– Making mistakes: Is it acceptable for doctors, judges, and teachers?
– Why do managers use a “stick and carrot” approach to motivate employees? Isn’t the “stick” enough?
– Is natural talent necessary for creating abstract art?
– Remakes of classic plays and modern theatre: New interpretation or outrage?
– Do you live to eat or eat to live? Favorite dishes vs. healthy diets.
– E-books and audiobooks vs. printed publications: Can downloading e-books save trees?
– Visitors’ potential to harm historical sites: Should tourists be allowed?
Reflection essay paper topics
Reflection essays provide an opportunity to share personal experiences and insights. Consider the following topics for reflection essays:
– Does art pay off in the long run?
– Should music and cinematography be considered forms of art?
– Is Gothic Art the most admired and magnificent work in human history?
– Can one succeed in life by pursuing a career in the arts?
– Is contemporary music educational or meaningful?
– Are today’s lyrics too explicit for a young audience?
– The absence of plots in the majority of recent films.
– Modern architecture vs. classic architecture: Which side are you on
when it comes to architecture?
– Why should opera performances still be attended in the twenty-first century?
– Van Gogh as a modern-day style icon.
These topics have been carefully selected to engage readers and help you achieve better grades. Additionally, incorporating humor into your essay topics can captivate your audience’s attention.
Good college essay topics
College essays require a higher level of sophistication compared to high school essays. To help you with your college essay topics, we have compiled a list of good ideas that go beyond typical high school topics. Consider the following:
– Are test scores the most accurate indicator of a person’s abilities?
– What aspects of the current tax system should be modified?
– Why are left-handed guitarists often more talented than right-handed guitarists?
– What factors contribute to the rise in adolescent mothers?
– Is the competition for college admissions becoming too intense?
– Are project managers’ and CEOs’ salaries excessive?
– The role of gender in military service.
– Select a quote that best represents your life and explain its significance.
– What event, occasion, or person angers you, and what are you doing about it?
– If you were asked to give a speech to high school students, what would it be about?
Health essay topics for college students
Health is a crucial aspect of human life, and college students may encounter various health-related topics in their academic journey. If you need a topic for your health essay, consider the following:
– How can individuals be encouraged to make healthier lifestyle choices effectively?
– Do TV shows about weight loss help or harm obese individuals?
– Does environmental pollution have detrimental effects on human health?
– How can antibiotic resistance be effectively addressed?
– Is the use of medication in treating mental illnesses excessive?
– What factors contribute to individuals living to be a hundred years old?
– Can internet medical advice improve people’s health?
– The impact of eating disorders and obesity on individuals.
– How does smoking affect pregnant women?
– Factors influencing the prevalence of stress and its impact on health.
Process analysis essay topics for college students
Process analysis essays explain the step-by-step process of completing a specific task or creating a particular product. Consider the following process analysis essay topics:
– How is ice cream made?
– Techniques for playing chess.
– The process of selecting a life partner.
– Five methods for quitting smoking.
– Tips for training your dog to be obedient.
– How to succeed in a job interview.
– Getting started with photography.
– How do bad habits form?
– Ways to have a fulfilling weekend for under $20.
– Creating the perfect batch of brownies.
– Losing weight without losing your mind.
– Handling a roommate situation amicably.
– Achieving academic success in college.
– Creating unique Christmas outfits.
– The process of winning an argument.
Analogy essay topic suggestions
Analogies draw comparisons between different concepts, objects, or ideas. Here are some analogy essay topic suggestions:
– Starting a new job.
– Getting out of debt.
– Recounting a car accident you were involved in.
– Describing a personal experience of falling in love for the first time.
– Reflecting on a time of grief.
– The art of having a good time.
– Choosing a college major.
– Leaving home for the first time.
– Delivering an effective speech.
– Exploring the process of addiction and recovery.
– Comparing different styles of parenting.
– Understanding the complexities of human emotions.
– Analyzing the intricacies of leadership.
– Overcoming obstacles and embracing change.
– The journey of personal growth.
– Navigating the challenges of a long-distance relationship.
– The transformative power of education.
– Exploring the connection between nature and personal well-being.
– The role of creativity in problem-solving.
– Understanding the concept of time.
exemplification essay topics for college students
Exemplification essays provide examples to support a particular argument or point of view. Consider the following exemplification essay topics for college students:
– Individuals who have achieved success despite lacking formal education.
– Is homeschooling beneficial for students? Does it create a socioeconomic divide?
– The impact of social media on students: positive or negative?
– Discipline in children: Should they be disciplined for every mistake?
– Embracing individuals with animal characteristics in society.
– Examining the consequences of environmental pollution.
– The influence of gender roles in the workplace.
– Exploring the effects of technological advancements on interpersonal relationships.
– The challenges faced by small businesses in a competitive market.
– The portrayal of women in the media and its impact on body image.
These topics cover a wide range of subjects and can provide ample opportunities for in-depth analysis and exploration in your essays. Remember to choose a topic that resonates with you and allows you to showcase your knowledge and critical thinking skills.
Essay topics on ethics and society
– Under what circumstances should abortion be permissible?
– Should shoplifters be incarcerated?
– Exploring the prevalence of violence against women and children in various parts of the world.
– The range of animal cruelty, from dog bites to factory farming.
– Is it ethical to impose capital punishment for crimes with profound societal implications?
– Contrasting the eating, resting, and learning conditions of children in developed and developing countries.
– Identifying the causes of high unemployment rates in developing nations.
– Arguments against abortion in today’s world.
Sample application college essay topics list
– Reflect on an aspect of your identity, background, talent, or interest that holds significant meaning to you.
– Describe a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure, how it affected you, and the lessons you learned.
– Exploring how the challenges we encounter can shape future success.
– Share an instance where you challenged or questioned an idea or belief, and discuss the outcomes.
– Discuss a problem you have solved or wish to solve, whether it be an ethical, intellectual, or research-based issue.
– Describe an idea, topic, or concept that deeply captivates your interest and explain why it holds such fascination.
– Reflect on an event, realization, or achievement that sparked personal growth and a better understanding of yourself and others.
– Write an essay on a topic of your choice, whether in response to a prompt or one you have previously written.
Creative college essay topics
– Recount an occasion when you fell short of achieving your intended goals and the lessons learned from that experience.
– Discuss a situation where you had to decide between playing it safe or taking a risk, and elaborate on your choice and rationale.
– Analyze how a particular musical composition, poem, novel, or movie has profoundly influenced your life.
– Describe a transformative moment that completely changed the trajectory of your life.
– Share your plans and aspirations after graduating from college.
– Discuss your long-term goals within the academic realm.
– If given the opportunity, what aspect of your life would you change and why?
– Highlight the unique qualities and characteristics that set you apart from others.
– Detail any non-academic accomplishments you have achieved in the past two years.
– If you could have a conversation with any figure from human history, who would it be and why?
– Reflect on the best piece of advice you have ever received.
– How have your surroundings and neighborhoods contributed to the person you are today?
– If you possessed the ability to read the lives of others, would you utilize it?
– Share a story that showcases your defining characteristics.
– Recount the most embarrassing moment in your life and what you learned from the experience.
When it comes to college, expect to encounter various essay assignments. Selecting appropriate essay topics can pose a challenge for many students. This article provides a compilation of over 200 best college essay topics to choose from.
If you still need assistance in selecting college essay topics or writing a compelling essay, do not hesitate to reach out. We offer affordable essay writing services for students. Contact us now for more information.