Practicum Journal and Time Log week 1
Being a reflective practitioner enables NPs to identify weaknesses and target professional development in order to address these weaknesses. In turn, this increases the NPs’ ability to provide the best care to patients and their families. Reflection also affords the NP time to consider communication and their efforts toward creating a culture of mutual support with colleagues, a characteristic that is essential to successful NP practice (Somerville & Keeling, 2004).
Each week you will complete a Journal Entry and Time Log that prompts you to reflect on your Practicum Experiences and how they relate to your Professional Goals and Self-Assessment of Clinical Skills. This week you will begin documenting your Practicum Experiences in your Practicum Journal.
Reference: Somerville, D., Keeling, J. (2004). A practical approach to promote reflective practice within nursing. Nursing Times, 100(12), 42–45. Retrieved from http://www.nursingtimes.net/
For this course’s Practicum Experience, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
From your perspective, explain the role of nurse practitioners in clinical settings
Develop goals and objectives for the Practicum Experience in this course
Create a proposed timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.
- Practicum Journal and Time Log week 2
- Practicum Journal and Time Log week 4
- Practicum Journal and Time Log week 3
- Assignment: Practicum – Journal Entry week 5
- Assignment: Practicum – Journal Entry week 6
- Assignment: Practicum – Journal Entry week 4
- Practicum Experience- Journal Entry
- Assignment 1: Practicum Experience – Journal Entry
- Assignment 1: Practicum – Journal Entry
- Benchmark-Professional Capstone and Practicum Reflective Journal