My chosen topic is Impact of Stigma for Persons Living with Dementia. This assignment is a narrative scholarly paper in which you Reflect on the views and feelings you have explored and or expressed this term about a topic or major theme on aging and growing older. Please address the following 6 questions with no more than the word count allotted per question, (please write this assignment in first person and reference using APA, double spaced, in 12-point font, 2.5 cm margins on all sides and use relevant headings.
The length of the paper should be between 5 and 7 pages (maximum), excluding title page, references and appendices). (A general guideline is 200 to 300 words to discuss each of the 6 areas to be included in your paper. —see below
Your paper should:
- Identify your topic/issue and provide background information. – why the topic/issue resonates with you, importance of the topic/issue.
- Discuss your thoughts, feelings, insights or aha moments about your topic and growing older and how these have changed for you during this course, if at all.
- Discuss what theory and concepts relate to your topic and why the theory and concepts resonate with you.
- Include one research study on aging that you have critically reviewed. Discuss how might the findings relate to your topic /theme and give insight into enhancing the health, well-being and quality of life of older adults.
Impact of Stigma for Persons Living with Dementia
- Share what questions remain for you about aging and growing older.
- Include a photo or an image of something that represents your feelings and thoughts about aging and a brief description of how this photo represents your feelings and ideas about aging. Include how your ideas about aging in this photograph link with your topic and concepts from the course
(PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ARE NOT VIOLATING CONFIDENTIALITY IN PHOTOS)
**Ensure you provide a reference list with at least 5 scholarly references from the course or from your own literature search for this assignment. Use APA (7th Edition) formatting when citing references in your answers to each question and for the reference list.
**Ensure you provide a reference list at the end of the assignment with at least 5 scholarly references from the course or from your own literature search for this assignment. Use APA (7th Edition) format when you cite references in your answers to each question and for the reference list. Please use double spacing and first person for this assignment.
Format of the Paper: Use the handout provided on Moodle, write in sentences, and use correct grammar. Edit all papers carefully before handing in. The paper must be typed, single-spaced is acceptable for this final assignment, you can use first person, use Times New Roman 12pt font. Include title page, reference list and appendices.
See Rubric for this paper below:
- The warm cold variable in first impressions of persons
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Embedding the Perceptions of People with Dementia into Quantitative Research Design
- Common Geriatric Syndromes – Dementia, Delirium, and Depression
- Assessing and Treating Clients With Dementia
- Write an essay on a client group of people living with Multiple Sclerosis in London borough of Bexley, UK. Discuss epidemiological data, health and social care needs
- Human Experience of Chronic Health Challenges
- Impact of Endometriosis on Society
- Impact of the Affordable Care Act
- The Impact of Standardized Nursing Terminology
- What is the current financial impact of your capstone project on the organization and the patient?