change management proposal
Write a 3875 word, evidence based assignment proposing a planned change in clinical nursing
********References should start from 2009 to 2019*******and based on NHS UK only
• Your work should demonstrate a planned approach to implementing a small scale change in
nursing clinical practice.
• This could include something you may have had experience of on placement and think could
be done differently or improved; or something you have read about and think could be
taken back to practice and implemented with a team.
• Your proposed change should be realistic and achievable in your chosen healthcare setting.
– You may wish to approach this assessment as if you were writing a proposal for the manager of the
– An understanding of the concept of change in today’s healthcare settings, including potential
barriers to change.
– Analyse the professional and organisational issues that influence team working, leadership and
change management in the NHS.
– Evaluate the professional, legal and moral principles which underpin safe, accountable and
– Demonstrate understanding and analysis of key models/ theories of change management.
– With a clear rationale for your choice, choose one of these models/ theories and apply the model to
your proposed change. You can apply any model but you may wish to consider one of the
models/processes specifically designed for use in the NHS such as PDSA.
A clear, comprehensive action plan demonstrating how your change will be implemented in practice
should be included. This should include amongst other things time frame and evaluation.
You may wish to use headings to structure your work.
The action plan should be incorporated in the main body of the essay; it should be concise but not
Proposed change was changing shift patterns from either 0730 shift start to 1500 finish or 1300 shift start to 2130 shift end to long days of 0730 to 2000. This meant that staff will only work 3 long days and 4 days off. It did not go well with others and other were in agreement with such a change. There was poor communication from managers to staff. Eventually when the change was implemented, it worked. Other staff requested to go on bank shifts so they can do shorter shifts