7001.1.1 : Self-Awareness & Mindful Presence
The graduate utilizes personality tools to identify his/her own personality type and incorporate self-awareness practices to increase mindful presence into his/her own life, practice of health care, and interactions with patients and colleagues.
7001.1.2 : Leadership through Influence: Influencing the Transformation of Health Care
The graduate uses principles of self-knowledge, active listening, authentic leadership, and mentoring in transforming and creating a healing environment.
For this assessment, you will navigate areas of focus that include professional presence, mindfulness practice, and healing environments. These areas of focus will help you to create a professional presence plan that has both personal and professional application. You will be analyzing your inner world (thoughts, beliefs, and values) and your outer world (activities, relationships, and experiences). Each section of this assessment will gauge how you use and interact with those two worlds. To aid you in understanding your inner and outer worlds, you will take the Jung Personality Test, an online personality test. With the test’s results, you will better understand your strengths and weaknesses and how you can be an effective individual and leader. Authentic leadership requires as much care and understanding for yourself as for those you will serve and lead. Your professional presence plan will integrate your insights, goals, and beliefs into a coherent whole.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Professional Communications is a required aspect to pass this task. Completion of a spell check and grammar check prior to submitting your final work is strongly recommended.
Note: Your submission may take the form of an essay, multimedia presentation, etc. Be sure to cover each prompt in sufficient detail and support no matter what form you use.
A. Professional Presence
1. Discuss the differences between two models of health and healing as they relate to what it means to be human.
Note: Models may include physical body, body-mind, body-mind-spirit/bio-psycho-social, Eastern model, Western model.
2. Analyze differences between one of the models discussed in part A1 and your professional presence (include your current beliefs, attitudes, and actions regarding health and healing).
3. Discuss how your professional presence (mindful or distracted) influences your nursing practice.
B. Personality Preferences
1. Submit your results from the Jung Personality Test.
Note: You should paste a screen shot of the Jung Personality Test results into your assessment.
2. Analyze your test results, including areas that may or may not align with how you view yourself.
a. Evaluate how the preferences identified by the test align with your relationships, favorite activities, and career choices.
b. Discuss two potential challenges or barriers (e.g., barriers in communication, decision-making) that could be minimized by your enhanced self-awareness when working with opposite personality types.
C. Mindfulness Practice
1. Develop a mindfulness practice plan consistent with your interests, goals, and beliefs by doing the following:
a. Create two specific goals for each of the four Aspects of your whole person (physical, vital/rhythmic, mental/emotional, and biographical/spiritual body) to maintain balance.
b. Discuss how you will achieve each of the goals created in part C1a, including how you will adjust to the changing of your whole person.
D. Healing Environments
1. Analyze two direct patient care optimal healing environments in healthcare (i.e., 2 healthcare facilities that provide direct patient care) to identify the elements of internal, interpersonal, behavioral, and external environments.
2. Discuss how you intend to apply self-awareness and insights gained from part D1 to promote professional presence in your current healthcare setting.
E. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.