Comprehensive Health Assessment for Patients and Populations
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
- Reflect on the comprehensive health assessment you performed in task 1 by doing the following:
- Discuss four evidence-based interview techniques you used to assess your patient’s social determinants. Include a scholarly source in your discussion. (feel free to use any interview techniques as the interview will be done after I get this paper back. Will do it retrospectively)
- Justify the questions you used to assess each of the five social determinants of your patient and include his or her responses.
- Explain how the patient’s answers to the questions will inform the patient’s nursing plan of care.
- Explain how your patient’s economic stability affects his or her access to healthcare, including the three following factors: ( my patient is a 34 years old , AA male, who have no medical/surgical history, no addiction, not so good social support, some stress from work ….)
- socioeconomic status-( engineer)
- employment status- (working)
- housing stability-(has his own house, no issues)
- Analyze how your patient’s educational status affects his or her health. Include a scholarly source to support your analysis. (my patient is healthy, educated young man…he is well informed about his health status, …affects him in a positive way…)
- Discuss the healthcare barriers and opportunities the patient might face because of his or her educational status.
- Analyze how the patient’s health and healthcare status affect his or her quality of life.
- Analyze how an understanding of health literacy affects health. Include a scholarly source to support your analysis.
- Explain how the patient’s neighborhood and environment affect his or her access to health.
(lives in the city, not so good neighborhoods)
- Compare the healthcare (e.g., quality, access, outcomes) received by a patient living in a low-income area to the healthcare received by a patient living in a high-income area.
- Discuss how access to healthcare differs for patients living in rural versus urban areas. Include a scholarly source to support your discussion.
- Discuss how your patient’s neighborhood affects his or her access to healthy food options.
- Discuss why social determinants need to be addressed in your comprehensive health assessment. Include a scholarly source to support your discussion.
- Based on the comprehensive health assessment, identify the three highest priority social determinants that affect your patient. ( as I said the interview will be done after this paper so feel free to discuss any social determinants, 1st stress, 2nd Social exclusion, 3rd …)
- Based upon the three chosen social determinants from part B1, develop a nursing plan of care.
- Explain how you would implement your nursing plan of care based upon each of the identified social determinants from part B1.
- Discuss barriers to implementing the nursing plan of care from part B2 for each social determinant identified in part B1.
- Discuss who needs to be involved in the nursing plan of care (e.g., healthcare practitioners, community members, family) for each social determinant identified in part B1.
- Explain how you would evaluate the effectiveness of your patient’s nursing plan of care. Include a scholarly source.
- Summarize the impact of social determinants on your patient’s overall well-being.
- Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
- Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.